This post has been corrected to remove a paragraph that was copied from Pictory Magazine. The title of this post has been changed to reflect the removal of that item.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
2. You hear “everything is bigger in Texas” tossed around a lot. But since it’s close to the geographic size of Europe, maybe they have a point.
4. School rings are bigger in Texas.
Texas A&M: In front of the Former Student’s Building stands a gigantic rendition of the famous Aggie Ring.
33. Actually, Texas has three of the four fastest-growing cities in America. Austin is No. 1.
Dallas Mavericks cheerleaders uniforms are not bigger in Texas.
48. Politicians are bigger in Texas.
50. High school football is bigger in Texas.
Take, for instance, this $60 million high school football field in Allen, Texas.
And it is only the third largest in the state.
However, bigger in Texas can also be a bad thing:
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Red Bull apologized for posting a video of people in blackface chasing a banana.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.