This post has been corrected to remove a paragraph that was copied from Pictory Magazine. The title of this post has been changed to reflect the removal of that item.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
2. You hear “everything is bigger in Texas” tossed around a lot. But since it’s close to the geographic size of Europe, maybe they have a point.
4. School rings are bigger in Texas.
Texas A&M: In front of the Former Student’s Building stands a gigantic rendition of the famous Aggie Ring.
33. Actually, Texas has three of the four fastest-growing cities in America. Austin is No. 1.
Dallas Mavericks cheerleaders uniforms are not bigger in Texas.
48. Politicians are bigger in Texas.
50. High school football is bigger in Texas.
Take, for instance, this $60 million high school football field in Allen, Texas.
And it is only the third largest in the state.
However, bigger in Texas can also be a bad thing:
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan acknowledged that American forces mistakenly struck a hospital in Kunduz, killing 22 people. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›