This post has been corrected to properly source phrasing that was copied from another the subject’s website.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
2. Suggested musical accompaniment for this post:
3. Meet the world’s best professional mermaid, Linden Wolbert.
4. According to her website, Linden has always felt most comfortable in the water.
5. She was an accomplished swimmer, scuba diver, and freediver before deciding to construct a 35-pound hydro-dynamic tail specially fit for her body.
6. The tail allows Linden to swim elegantly through the water, just as a mermaid does.
7. She can swim to depth of over 100 feet with the tail!
8. And can hold her breath for over FIVE MINUTES underwater!
9. Watching Linden swim is a beautiful thing.
11. Linden is for hire at exclusive events and charities but also has a heart for education.
12. “She hopes to reach, inspire and educate others, namely children, about ocean conservation,” according to her website.
14. Here is Linden in action:
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan acknowledged that American forces mistakenly struck a hospital in Kunduz, killing 22 people. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›