1. Remember in 2011 when news publications could not help but lead with pun-rich Weinergate headlines?
2. The Post had a field day.
3. As did the Daily News.
4. Oh, wow.
5. AM New York fired up Photoshop.
6. Too much.
7. John Stewart, naturally.
8. Limbaugh jumped in.
9. There we go, HuffPo.
10. Even CNN could not help themselves.
11. Too easy.
14. The puns even went international! Bild from Germany wrote: “The Sex-Sausage Resigns.”
15. Pravda, a Russian publication, chose the headline “No Weiner, But Christie Helicopter Mayhem”
16. Now that Anthony Weiner is back into politics, will publications continue with Weiner headline bait?
Mario Tama / Getty Images
17. The Drudge Report says: YES.
19. New York Post says: YES.
20. Daily News says: YES.
21. So here we go again!
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".