1. Congratulations! You’re going to work in a career field that is both the best thing ever…
3. See, most days are either a series of heart attack-inducing crises…
4. …or an ocean of ominous silence.
Basically you just end up waiting for the next time the A/C starts leaking condensation all over the servers or an unwitting city worker cuts a line to the entire building.
6. Really, you’re just tired of losing your faith in humanity every day.
7. How would you react to someone who keeps putting “www” in front of the email address to which they’re trying to send?
I mean, you try being diplomatic but sometimes it just doesn’t get through.
8. Or imagine you get an “emergency” call about a computer that’s “not working,” and when you get there you found out it’s not even plugged in…to anything.
10. Yeah, every time someone’s computer is getting worked on, someone else jokingly accuses them of “looking at too much porn.”
Exactly. And everyone acts like they’re the first person to think of it, too.
11. Have you ever tried getting one of your users to just submit a ticket or work order?
12. Well, trust me when I say it’s harder than nabbing an Oscar at 22.
But waaaay less awesome.
13. But before I make it sound like you’ll need a drink every-
Oh! Sorry, I’ll wait for you to finish that.
14. I was just going to say before I make it sound like you’ll need a drink every day, the job also has a lot of positives.
15. A lot of IT workplaces have less strict dress codes than typical office jobs.
I don’t blame you. Live it up!