1. Flower crowns in Europe are delicate and cute.
But in America, you want to BE the flower. Embody the flower. The crown is just the cherry on top.
2. BFFs in Europe like to get their color contrast on.
In the Sates, people like to get REALLY matchy-matchy. No one can touch this level of coordination.
3. European couples keep things in chill in denim.
But festivals in America call for couples to bust out their best coordinating Kermit costumes.
4. Europeans tend to favor fringe, jumpsuits, and dripping Chanel logos.
While American rave fashion is very, um, economical.
5. If you want to appear on The Sartorialist, go to a European fest.
If you want to jump around like a bunny, go to Vegas.
8. Euros keep things dapper, while Americans rock the day-glo.
But neither can resist a peace sign.
9. This Swiss prefer all-over bodysuits in primary colors.
Americans prefer six-pack abs and animal headgear.
10. Some people show their pride wearing kilts.
Others wear furry Tony The Tiger jumpsuits.
11. Europeans just need the love in their hearts to enjoy the music.
While Cali ravers wear their hearts on their sleeves (or arms, in this case).
12. European signs have a certain to-the-point quality.
Whereas American signs are unabashed displays of unrestrained joy.
13. In Europe, you match your houndstooth to show your love.
In America, you match your torsos.
14. But really, whether you wanna keep it chic and comfy or wear all the kandi you can possibly fit on your arms (and face)…
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›