3. Before Diddy took over the Making the Band franchise, boy band mastermind and sleazeball Lou Pearlman was trying to put together the ultimate group of heartthrobs on ABC.
4. You can check out a little bit of the series pilot episode from 2000 here.
5. The guys battled it out each week until five finalists were chosen to form O-Town.
6. The original five guys included the weepy Ikaika, but he left the band at the end of Season 1 citing “personal” reasons.
7. Which was great for us, because that meant smooth-crooning Dan Miller got to join the group.
8. Who didn’t love Dan’s soulful intro on “All or Nothing”?
“I know when he’s been on your mind / That distant look is in your eyes / I thought that with time you’d realize / It’s over, overrrr”
9. C’mon, admit it. You loved this song.
NO SHAME. It holds up, guys.
10. Or maybe you remember them more from their first single, “Liquid Dreams.”
12. Which most of us didn’t learn the real meaning of until a lot later in life…
13. After a few hits, they all went their separate ways in 2003, as boy band mania started to wind down.
14. Now, as boy bands are making their comeback, we wonder: Where is O-Town now?
16. O-Town announced plans to reunite in 2011, but Ashley said, “Thanks, but no thanks.”
Ashley told TMZ:
“O-Town was one of the greatest chapters of my life, so when the idea of a reunion was brought to me, of course I was intrigued.”
He continues, “However I have made the decision not to be a part of an O-Town reunion. It was a difficult decision, but ultimately necessary to move on with the next chapter of my career.”
18. Nowadays, Ashley’s focusing on his acting career and a new musical project, called Mansions of Arcadia.
He played Link Larkin in Hairspray on Broadway from 2007 to 2008, as well as a smattering of small TV and film roles over the years.
22. He’s still trucking on with music, even though Rebecca Black almost had him lose faith.
24. These days, Erik-Michael is an avid tweeter and Instagram selfie pro.
25. He’s also acting in a film called Bang Bang Brokers, set to come out later this year.
The trailer looks…intense?
30. These days, Dan is a bit of a jack of all trades.
And also a Lebron James hater, apparently.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there.. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›