1. Kanye West gave a surprise performance at the Adult Swim upfronts at Roseland Ballroom in New York last night.
3. He played the “You’re So Awesome” song, which he’d reportedly dedicated to Kim at the Met Ball just last week.
Kanye also performed a second new song (now pulled down from YouTube) that was likely his collab with Skrillex.
4. He went on a classic ‘Ye tirade about the culture of celebrity and the media.
“One thing about me, I’m the worst kinda … celebrity because all I do is make real music. All I do is sit in the studio and make real, real shit. And that’s it. That’s motherfucking it. That’s motherfucking it. So I don’t want nobody trying to run up on me with no cameras, trying to sell pictures and shit to magazines, asking me no dumbass questions, throwing me off of my focus and shit. Harassing you all motherfucking day. I ain’t no motherfucking celebrity.”
5. “I ain’t no motherfucking celebrity.”
6. He does realize that he’s dating and bringing a child into this world with Kim Kardashian, who, without selling her pictures, would not have a career, right?
7. Yeezy also revealed that he won’t be performing in any SNL skits on this week’s finale, where he’s the musical guest. Which is fine by us, because his performances are always epic as it is.
“Hell nah, I ain’t doing no motherfucking ‘SNL’ skits. This my goddamn life. This ain’t no motherfucking joke. That’s it,” he said.
You do you, Kanye.