1. Expectation: You’ve been reading and studying dutifully for the past 2 weeks. This exam can suck it.
2. Reality: Exam? What exam?
Shit. That was this Wednesday?
3. Expectation: At this point, you’ve got studying down to a science.
4. Reality: Turns out, studying just isn’t that much fun.
5. Expectation: You’ve got the perfect pump-up playlist for exam day.
6. Reality: You didn’t remember a playlist so you’re stuck with top 40 or talk radio.
7. Expectation: You make sure you get your 8+ hours of sleep before the big day.
8. Reality: The only way you’re going to make a reasonable attempt at this is with all-nighters (plural.)
9. Expectation: You’ve worked hard. You’ve studied as hard as you could.
10. Reality: You didn’t really work all that hard. In fact, you didn’t really study at all.
11. Expectation: You know there’s a point where you can’t fit any more information into your brain.
12. Reality: That point just came a bit sooner than you thought it would…
13. Expectation: Where you’ll be at 11:00pm.
14. Reality: Where you’ll be at 11:00pm.
15. Expectation: Come the next morning, you rise early in time for a proper breakfast.
16. Reality: You oversleep and only have time for one thing.
18. Reality: WAIT NO PLEASE DON’T.
19. But come tomorrow, it will all be over.
22. So from one of the wisest people we know:
23. And one of the not so wise:
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›