1. This invention called the Embrace is saving babies lives.
In developing countries where hospital grade incubators are not readily available, newly born premature babies will sometimes die from lack of body warmth. This invention is saving those lives.
2. These “baby sleeping bags” are saving thousands of lives all over the world.
Every year, 20 million low-birth-weight and premature babies are born and more than 4 million die within their first month of life. Temperature regulation is a key problem among these infants.
3. Without it, these babies would find room temperature to be freezing.
4. This invention warms the baby to 98.6 °F and keeps their overall body temperature at the proper level.
5. The result: It helps babies like this who were born with hypothermia to stay warm.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›