1. Pikachu will represent Japan in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Adidas, along with the Pokémon Company, announced on Friday the popular yellow Pokémon would be the official mascot for Japan’s 2014 World Cup run in Brazil.
The announcement came during the unmasking of Japan’s new World Cup kits. Both the men and women’s team were present at the announcement that featured Pokémon’s most famous character. It was even decked out in Japan’s new kit!
Pikachu will be one of ten Pokemon, including Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and more, representing Japan this summer in Brazil.
The 2014 World Cup kicks off June 12th and runs through July 13th. Japan’s opponents include Ivory Coast, Greece, and Columbia.
3. Watch Adidas’ launch video for Japan’s new World Cup kits.
- Illegal immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.