1. Emoji recently announced that 250 new emoji icons will be added to the Emojipedia in July.
The emojis are a part of the Unicode 7.0 software update from Apple, Google, and Microsoft.
Not many photos have been released of the new icons, but they’ll be added to the Emojipedia “as soon as they are available.”
Some of the new emojis are computer-themed, such as floppy disks, printers, and keyboards. We’ll also be able to go to war with our friends via text, as Emoji is releasing military airplanes, boats, and rockets.
Click here for the full list of new emojis.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.