1. Aerial footage captured above Sorority Bid Day at the University of Central Florida in Orlando shows just how exhilarating Greek life’s Sorting Hat process can be.
2. Per authoratative site Sorority Ever After:
Long story short: Bid Day is the day when sororities (and fraternities) welcome their new sisters into their chapter. It is a wonderful celebration of the hard work the chapters put into recruitment and a very special celebration for the new members, who get to put their letters on for the first time.
3. And at the University of Central Florida, Sorority Bid Day is a massive, chaotic-looking round of Rush Week Red Rover.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›