1. Aerial footage captured above Sorority Bid Day at the University of Central Florida in Orlando shows just how exhilarating Greek life’s Sorting Hat process can be.
2. Per authoratative site Sorority Ever After:
Long story short: Bid Day is the day when sororities (and fraternities) welcome their new sisters into their chapter. It is a wonderful celebration of the hard work the chapters put into recruitment and a very special celebration for the new members, who get to put their letters on for the first time.
3. And at the University of Central Florida, Sorority Bid Day is a massive, chaotic-looking round of Rush Week Red Rover.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.