2. And as you probably also know, in a sign up form they tell us what stuff we HAVE to fill in and what stuff we don’t.
3. And when the internet was young and innocent, sign up forms were brimming with them!
4. But as companies have got eviller and we’ve got more internet savvy, they’ve slowly disappeared…
5. And this is no trouble, we all know the internet sign up form procedure.
6. But most of us don’t ever seem to check whether the websites actually need this info.
7. For example, lets say you want to sign up for a Google Mail account.
9. So again you start your maximum efficiency form filler procedure.
10. But in our rush to get through it, we don’t notice that Google didn’t actually need our phone number or email address in order to sign up.
11. Why? Because they didn’t give us that little asterisk to tell us it was optional! Not even in the help pop-up!
13. But its fine, its not like they’re giving this information to anyone…