1. You get your own private cinema (sort of).
Generally western films are shown in english and depending on where you live, not many people go see them. Voila! Your own private cinema (sort of).
2. THERE’S A TARDIS CAFE!
Yeah, you heard me. It’s pretty awesome. (It’s in Istanbul in case you wanted to know. Which you did. Obviously. Because it’s a Tardis Cafe.)
3. You will taste the best pomegranates ever!
Plus they’re huge! Not like those pathetic supermarket standard, tiny ones! Best eaten with a cold bottle of Efes (Turkish Beer).
4. You can eat a Doner Kebab and not feel like crap afterwards!
I cannot overstate how good Doner Kebabs are in Turkey! Beyoglu Doner (kebab chain), do great ones and can be found pretty much everywhere!
5. You’ll have no excuse to buy an awesome Turkish carpet!
Beautiful, well made and usually quite cheap (as long as you buy from non-touristy areas!)
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.