1. He’s Kissed More Women Than You
If you watch these old clips you will see that this man was a top notch sex symbol. Kissing Dawson was apparently like experiencing second base for the first time at summer camp all over again.
2. He Was The First Host Of Family Feud
Family Feud went on the air in 1978 with Dawson as the first host. He was coming off being the coolest panelist on Match Game for years and it was clear he was the man for the job. 34 years later, Feud still rules the daytime airwaves, and is on its 6th host with Steve Harvey.
3. The Man Was Smarter Than You
Gameshows… democratizing American television one everyday citizen at a time. Occasionally you get a Ken Jennings…but face it, it’s way more fun getting the dumbs dumbs. Dawson handled these folks with aplomb.
5. He Was ALWAYS Right
This clip is fun. Dawson was ALWAYS right on Match Game. If you were a contestant, and you needed to win, Dawson was the man to pick. Dude could basically read minds. This clip is a rare instance of his inaccuracy, and his appeal for correction to the producers was grossly rejected despite his reputation as the golden Match Game panelist. If Dawson said he meant to write something else…brother meant to write something else. Regardless, these old Match Game episodes are amazing and we waste hours watching them on YouTube - mostly for Dawson sightings.
6. He Had A Psychedelic Rock Single In 1967
I’m suddenly imagining LCD Soundsystem’s “I Was There” including a reference to this.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are facing off for the first time since the Bern's big win in New Hampshire. We're bringing it to you live 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.