1. This week, Lizzy Caplan appeared on Comedy Bang! Bang! to debate the age old question: “Can boys actually be funny?”
2. Here’s the complete transcript.
Scott Auckeman: So Lizzy, you have played so many complex, dynamic characters. Do you think Hollywood is in danger of having too many good roles for women?
Lizzy Caplan: I do. Sometimes I think, ‘Ladies we gotta slow it down here, let the boys have a shot.’
SA: Let them have their turn, you know?
LC: Yeah, boys can be funny.
SA: Eh, I don’t know. I’ve never found a boy funny.
LC: Well, I think boys can be funny, okay? I just think maybe they haven’t had the opportunity to be funny for as long as girls have.
SA: They were always raised to be like, ‘Oh, you look so handsome.’ It’s like they never need to be funny.
Reggie Watts: I just think it’s biological. Guys are not funny… because they’re just not.
SA: Their huge penises get in the way, I think.
LC: Yeah, they do get in the way.
SA: It’s like, ‘Ugh, come on. I’m trying to see if this guy’s funny.’
LC: I’m so distracted by your penis in your pants that I can’t focus on all the jokes you’re trying to tell.
3. Basically, sexism:
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.