1. These loyal Sonic patrons.
Level of Texas-ness: Saying “How ‘bout them Cowboys?” when conversations get awkward.
2. This extremely important grocery store announcement.
Announcement over loud speaker that UT beat OU and #HEB erupts in applause. #onlyintexas
Level of Texas-ness: Feeling nostalgic when watching Friday Night Lights because that was your life in high school.
3. This inventive truck bed.
Level of Texas-ness: Forgetting to take your shotgun out of your car for school Monday morning after going skeet shooting that weekend.
4. This patriot.
Level of Texas-ness: Learning to two-step before you could walk.
5. These die-hard performers.
Level of Texas-ness: Saying “It’s SO NICE outside!” anytime it’s under 85 degrees.
6. This regal True Value mascot.
Level of Texas-ness: Bringing a cowbell to a football game.
7. These girls filled to the brim with school spirit.
Level of Texas-ness: Accidentally reciting the Texas State pledge instead of the Pledge of Allegiance.
8. This thought-provoking sign.
Level of Texas-ness: Knowing queso and ranch dressing go well with everything.
9. This majestic waffle.
Level of Texas-ness: Owning a belt buckle bigger than the size of your fist.
10. This cheerful gathering.
Level of Texas-ness: Starting all of your insults with “bless your heart.”
11. This necessary wardrobe staple.
Level of Texas-ness: Having your entire town shut down on a Friday because there’s a football game.
12. This precious package.
Level of Texas-ness: Burning your hand on your truck handle on a summer day.
13. This glorious food truck.
Level of Texas-ness: “Why wouldn’t you eat tacos for breakfast?”
14. This unconventionally awesome monster truck.
Level of Texas-ness: You can’t spell Texas without H-E-B.
15. This costume, which you will undoubtedly attempt to replicate this year.
Level of Texas-ness: Winning a cow in the calf scramble at the county fair.
16. This necessary sign.
Level of Texas-ness: George Strait.
17. These guys who know how to properly tailgate.
Level of Texas-ness: Parking farther away from the store because there’s a spot in the shade.
18. This proud flag that knows its place in the world.
Level of Texas-ness: Stopping whatever you’re doing to go to Sonic happy hour.
19. This stately sandwich cutter.
Level of Texas-ness: Knowing conversational Spanish before you take a single class.
20. This sign that knows its audience.
Level of Texas-ness: Asking your mom if your homecoming mum could be bigger.
21. This cowboy just trying to get his caffeine fill.
Level of Texas-ness: Using “rodeo” as a verb.
22. This business that knows what’s up.
Level of Texas-ness: Drinking more sweet tea than water.
23. These guys enjoying their redneck hot tub.
Level of Texas-ness: Schlitterbahn.
24. This concerned fashionista.
Level of Texas-ness: Cringing when people call Taylor Swift country music.
25. This glorious combination of all things that are good in this world.
Level of Texas-ness: Having multiple friends with dual names (e.g., Maricarolyn, Sarabeth, Loriann).
26. This use of public tax dollars.
Level of Texas-ness: Getting irrationally upset at any mention of Oklahoma.
27. This real-life struggle.
LOL - there is a coach from another school here scouting our team for next weeks middle school football game #onlyintexas
Level of Texas-ness: Owning a pair of work boots and dress boots.
28. This band of brothers.
Tractor caravan #onlyintexas @SorryImTexan @TylerTxProblems
Level of Texas-ness: Saying you want a Coke, then ordering a Dr Pepper.
This splendid snapshot.
KHOU 11 News Houston
WHATAHORSE! These horses were spotted outside a Whataburger in North Texas #khou #onlyintexas
Level of Texas-ness: Not being able to start your day until you’ve had a Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit.
29. This enterprising establishment.
A trip to Houston wouldn’t be complete without a stop at the local drive-thru liquor store. #OnlyinTexas
Level of Texas-ness: Getting excused from school because you’re showing your animals.
We've got your WKND covered.
- One person was killed and another was injured Friday in a shooting at Texas Southern University. Police have detained two possible suspects. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›