1. We’ve known since April that after 75 years, Archie Andrews would die.
And the comic world won’t be quite the same without him.
2. We didn’t know he would die for his best friend, Kevin Keller.
This is the angriest Archie we’ve ever seen.
3. Kevin Keller’s character was introduced in 2010 in the Archie spinoff “Veronica.”
4. Since then, Kevin’s character went on to have his own 4-part miniseries, and eventually got married.
5. “He dies heroically. He dies selflessly. He dies in the manner that epitomizes not only the best of Riverdale but the best of all of us. It’s what Archie has come to represent over the past almost 75 years,” said Archie Comics co-CEO Jon Goldwater.
6. We’ll miss you, Archie.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?