1. We’ve known since April that after 75 years, Archie Andrews would die.
And the comic world won’t be quite the same without him.
2. We didn’t know he would die for his best friend, Kevin Keller.
This is the angriest Archie we’ve ever seen.
3. Kevin Keller’s character was introduced in 2010 in the Archie spinoff “Veronica.”
4. Since then, Kevin’s character went on to have his own 4-part miniseries, and eventually got married.
5. “He dies heroically. He dies selflessly. He dies in the manner that epitomizes not only the best of Riverdale but the best of all of us. It’s what Archie has come to represent over the past almost 75 years,” said Archie Comics co-CEO Jon Goldwater.
6. We’ll miss you, Archie.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?