1. You have a tendency to fall in love with literary characters and often have misguided expectations of real life relationships because of it.
I’m here FOUR you, Tobias. Be my boyfriend.
2. You spend more time searching book tags on Tumblr than working.
3. You’ve heard people trash-talk some of your favorite books more times than you can count.
4. Because they can’t seem to understand that you read books for enjoyment.
No, I don’t care about Shakespeare. Yes, I’ve read all six Vampire Academy books. SUE ME.
5. You can’t help but imagine how that dystopian novel you’re currently reading would play out on the big screen.
“Oh, I wonder who would play Cinder in the Lunar Chronicles series…”
6. But if it’s made into a movie, you undoubtedly have a ton of complaints.
“THIS WASN’T IN THE BOOK. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”
7. You find yourself getting emotionally invested in a series and get irrationally angry at disappointing endings.
ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME, VERONICA ROTH?
8. And you forget that the story you just read isn’t real.
9. There’s a strong probability you’ve missed a subway stop or almost walked into someone because you got too transfixed on a chapter.
10. You are convinced you would be prepared for several post-apocalyptic scenarios.
Thanks for that, Maze Runner.
11. And you have way too many dreams about controlled societies and futuristic worlds.
12. You really don’t want to admit it, but you’ve definitely read all these books.
Yes, the writing is bad. Ugh, I hated New Moon. Yes, Bella is the worst BUT WHATEVER I READ IT LEAVE ME ALONE.
13. And it’s mostly because once you start a series, you can’t just stop.
You probably read all the 50 Shades of Grey books too. * Hangs head in shame *
14. If you ever go to a book signing (or opening night of a book turned movie), you find yourself surrounded by tweens and teens.
15. And when people first find out about your YA addiction, they judge the hell out of you.
16. You ship more literary couples than you go on dates.
Gus + Hazel 4ever <3
17. And you feel as though you’re on a first-name basis with your favorite heroines.
YAAASS TRIS YOU GO GIRL.