1. The first week at a job: how you feel about your new co-workers.
2. First week: dressing up for work.
3. First week: when someone gets a promotion.
A year later: eating at your desk because you’re too damn busy*.
*You haven’t done anything yet so you should probably get started on something.
6. First week: calling in sick because you’re actually sick.
A year later: calling in “sick” because you’re still drunk or extremely hungover.
7. First week: friending your co-workers on social platforms.
9. First week: having a doctor’s appointment and actually going to the doctor.
A year later: using the “doctor’s appointment” excuse to interview for another job.
10. First week: trying to remember everyone’s names.
11. First week: when someone asks how the new job is going.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›