1. I will stop making up excuses to cancel plans.
Will last until: You get a Facebook invite for a bar crawl and suddenly remember you have laundry to do.
2. I will stay at a party for longer than 20 minutes.
Will last until: There are more people you don’t know than you do. Can’t we just chill at someone’s apartment?
3. I will go to a club at least once this year.
Will last until: LOL THAT’S NEVER HAPPENING, SORRY.
4. I will stop binge-watching Netflix every other weekend.
Will last until: A rainy day, when a Breaking Bad marathon sounds awesome.
5. I will stop judging people for their outgoing personality.
Will last until: Someone starts screaming “SHOTS!” at the bar.
6. I will not spend an entire Saturday in bed.
Will last until: Next Saturday. After a long week of work and responsibilities, reading a book or watching movies sounds like bliss.
7. I will go out on Friday night.
Will last until: You suddenly remember how low your bank account is and would rather do a game night with close friends.
8. When someone asks what I’m doing this weekend, I will respond with actual plans.
Will last until: Next Friday, when you’d really just rather clean and run errands than hang out with people.
9. I will stop ignoring phone calls and texts messages in an attempt to seem busy or unavailable.
Will last until: Headphones and a day to yourself consume your thoughts.
10. I will attempt to hang out with coworkers after hours more frequently.
Will last until: You become dedicated to a TV show every weekday.
11. I will not be tempted by the couch during house parties.
Will last until: Everyone starts dancing.
12. I will not eat most of my meals in my room.
Will last until: The next time you order delivery.
13. I will wear pants at least once a day.
Will last until: January 1st, when you have the day off.
14. I will make an effort to go out on more dates.
Will last until: You’re paralyzed with fear at the prospect of an awkward two hours of your life.
15. I will entertain my out-of-town friends 24/7.
Will last until: Your body needs a recharge and you yearn for just a little bit of quiet time.
16. I will talk to more people in-person than online.
Will last until: You realize how many Tumblr users you can geek out with about your favorite fandom.
- A BuzzFeed News investigation lifts the lid on a security scandal that the police and MI5 tried to keep secret.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store.