1. I will stop making up excuses to cancel plans.
Will last until: You get a Facebook invite for a bar crawl and suddenly remember you have laundry to do.
2. I will stay at a party for longer than 20 minutes.
Will last until: There are more people you don’t know than you do. Can’t we just chill at someone’s apartment?
3. I will go to a club at least once this year.
Will last until: LOL THAT’S NEVER HAPPENING, SORRY.
4. I will stop binge-watching Netflix every other weekend.
Will last until: A rainy day, when a Breaking Bad marathon sounds awesome.
5. I will stop judging people for their outgoing personality.
Will last until: Someone starts screaming “SHOTS!” at the bar.
6. I will not spend an entire Saturday in bed.
Will last until: Next Saturday. After a long week of work and responsibilities, reading a book or watching movies sounds like bliss.
7. I will go out on Friday night.
Will last until: You suddenly remember how low your bank account is and would rather do a game night with close friends.
8. When someone asks what I’m doing this weekend, I will respond with actual plans.
Will last until: Next Friday, when you’d really just rather clean and run errands than hang out with people.
9. I will stop ignoring phone calls and texts messages in an attempt to seem busy or unavailable.
Will last until: Headphones and a day to yourself consume your thoughts.
10. I will attempt to hang out with coworkers after hours more frequently.
Will last until: You become dedicated to a TV show every weekday.
11. I will not be tempted by the couch during house parties.
Will last until: Everyone starts dancing.
12. I will not eat most of my meals in my room.
Will last until: The next time you order delivery.
13. I will wear pants at least once a day.
Will last until: January 1st, when you have the day off.
14. I will make an effort to go out on more dates.
Will last until: You’re paralyzed with fear at the prospect of an awkward two hours of your life.
15. I will entertain my out-of-town friends 24/7.
Will last until: Your body needs a recharge and you yearn for just a little bit of quiet time.
16. I will talk to more people in-person than online.
Will last until: You realize how many Tumblr users you can geek out with about your favorite fandom.
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›