1. Expectation: Having money once you get a job.
Reality: Spending it all on food, happy hours, and bills.
2. Expectation: Going to the gym every day after work.
Reality: Go the first week and then realize you’re too tired for that.
Reality: Meeting people online.
4. Expectation: Paying off your student loans within a few years.
5. Expectation: Cooking cheap, healthier meals for yourself.
Reality: Netflix. You are way too exhausted from the work week.
8. Expectations: Keeping in touch with high school/college friends.
Reality: The sad truth.
11. Expectation: Landing what you believe is your dream job.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›