1. You know about tea lights.
2. They’re those little candles that are somehow everywhere, and people love them.
5. But did you know that the reason they’re called tea lights…
6. …is because they’re MEANT TO HEAT UP TEA?!
The metal casing lets the wick continue burning in the melted wax for about 3-5 hours, perfect for keeping tea warm while you casually drink it.
7. (They’re also used for heating up other edible things, like fondue.)
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›