1. Expectation: No curfew! YOU WILL STAY UP FOREVER!
Cartoon Network / Via lhswag.tumblr.com
Reality: It’s cool to get into bed at 7 p.m., right?
Universal Pictures / Via wedoitbetta.tumblr.com
2. Expectation: You’re going to eat whatever you want all the time OMG candy candy candy!!!!!!
Cartoon Network / Via artoon247.tumblr.com
Reality: Is there any gluten in that?
Paramount Pictures / Via thisisdieting.tumblr.com
3. Expectation: Your house will be huge and decorated with the coolest (possibly inflatable) furniture.
Twentieth Century Fox / Via chrislejarzar.wordpress.com
4. Expectation: You will look amazing all the time, because your massive wardrobe will be filled with nothing but the coolest clothes.
5. Expectation: Grown-up parties will be the best and you will throw them all the time at your previously mentioned amazing house!
Warner Bros. / Via tremorsintoronto.wordpress.com
Reality: Does the party involve Netflix? Then maaaybe.
6. Expectation: You’re either going to be an astronaut, or the president, or a famous movie star.
Reality: You’re… in between projects.
Twentieth Century Fox / Via amusedeasily113.tumblr.com
7. Expectation: When you meet the one, you’ll fall in love and it will be magical and perfect.
Disney / Via my-placebo-cure.tumblr.com
Reality: Turns out dating is just a bit more nuanced.
ABC / Via weshouldwritepornography.tumblr.com
8. Expectation: You’ll watch every horror movie and never be scared.
HBO / Via bloodydifficult.tumblr.com
Reality: JUST LEAVE EVERY LIGHT ON OK THANKS
Nicktoons Production / Via fuckyeahreactiongifs.tumblr.com
9. Expectation: You’ll go to the doctor and never be scared.
Cartoon Network / Via these-lumping-lumps.tumblr.com
10. Expectation: You’ll see your friends all the time. It will be like one never-ending sleepover.
NBC / Via sk-gifs.tumblr.com
Reality: You can pencil in a happy hour not this Tuesday, but next?
ABC / Via cardiostimulator.tumblr.com
11. Expectation: You will be so strong and tall and fast — just wait, EVERYONE WILL SEE.
12. Expectation: You will only do the FUNNEST things with your money (of which there will be more than you can even fathom).
Disney / Via lordchamberlainsmemes.tumblr.com
Reality: Sure, but first you just have to take care of rent, your cell phone, your car insurance, your health insurance, etc., etc.
Hanna-Barbera Productions / Via hopelessthoughhoping.tumblr.com
13. Expectation: The second you get your license you will be unstoppable, driving down the open road in your awesome car with some awesome tunes, without a care in the world.
Reality: WHY IS EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD ALSO TRYING TO DO THIS AT THE SAME TIME AND ON THE SAME ROAD?!
Warner Bros. / Via lerrnsomething.tumblr.com
14. Expectation: You’ll go on thrilling vacations (to Disney World, Universal Studios, and various Six Flags theme parks) all the time.
Reality: Vacation = not a soul around, not a thing to do.
NBC / Via everytimeicomeinthekitchen.tumblr.com
15. Expectation: Getting drunk will be very hip and fun.
FX / Via klowi18.tumblr.com
16. Expectation: Everything you learn in school will be very relevant to your daily life.
Warner Bros. / Via reddit.com
17. Expectation: You will absolutely feel like a self-assured, put-together grown-up.
NBC / Via uproxx.com
Senior Editor, Karaoke Enthusiast
Here Are The Top Stories
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.