1. They’ve got great style.
2. They’re adventurous.
3. They’re inquisitive.
Especially when it comes to food. Like if there’s food around, that pig will find it.
4. They’re top-notch loafers.
Just chilling, you know.
5. They’ve got infectiously cheerful dispositions.
6. They’re super smart.
This means they can be house-trained, and learn tricks, but it can also mean they will try to outsmart you.
7. They enjoy the finer things in life.
Like basking in the summer sun.
Or taking a quick dip.
8. They make fast friends.
Seriously, they love every creature in this world and every creature loves them.
9. They’re expert snugglers.
10. They’re always down for a girls’ night in.
11. They SAVE LIVES.
Lucky the pig saved his Illinois family by waking them up in the middle of a house fire. Back in 2002, pot-bellied pig LuLu lay down in the middle of traffic to get a driver to stop and follow her back to her house, and get help for her human who had just suffered a heart attack.
12. They’re loyal and affectionate.
13. They’re mischievous.
(So be prepared to be kept busy.)
14. When they’re babies, they are literal angels.
15. And if it’s the right match for you…
(Pigs can grow to upwards of 400 pounds, need access to pools or puddles to cool down in the hot weather, and thrive in homes with a lot of space for roaming and rooting.)