1. ABC News Australia has released a clip from a 1974 interview with science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke (co-writer, 2001: A Space Odyssey), in which he makes some pretty accurate predictions about the future of technology.
The reporter brings his son and asks what life will be like for him in 2001, when, he guesses, he will be “better adjusted to the world you’re trying to portray.”
3. So what does Arthur C. Clarke predict?
4. The home version will be much more compact.
5. This console will give him access to everything he could possibly need.
6. Most importantly, none of this will seem like a big deal.
7. And when the reporter asks about the social ramifications of living in a “computer-dependent society,” Clarke is optimistic.
8. Watch the whole thing here.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- Matt Stonie won the 2015 Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest, beating 8-time champion Joey Chestnut ☀️??