1. There is literally nothing more alarming than getting a phone call.
2. The sound is so foreign, and immediately you worry because, what could be so important that it can’t be said in text???!?!
3. For the first few rings you’re frozen in fear and confusion, trying to decide whether you’ll pick up.
4. If it’s a member of your family that you don’t speak to often, clearly someone is dead.
6. But what if it’s a long lost friend?? Or a secret admirer???
7. And if it’s your boss, then I’m sorry, but you are 100% fired.
8. Despite these fears, you decide to answer because the only thing worse than a phone call is a voicemail.
(Which is why you currently have about 12 unheard messages in your mailbox.)
9. But then, perhaps worst of all, the caller says they “just wanted to say hey.”
10. So your mouth goes dry because what are you going to talk about?
What does anyone ever talk about it?!