Graffiti street art might have started in New York, but Berlin has taken it to the next level. There are thousands of pieces all over Berlin streets. Here’s a few:
2. The Jumper, by Gabriel Heimler
This Gabriel Heimler work appears on the Berlin Wall.
7. Anne Frank, by Jimmy C.
James Cochran, aka Jimmy C, canvasses and walls can be viewed in cities across the world.
9. Spike Lee, by MTO and SOS Crew.
Berlin street art documentary “Berlin spricht Wände” by East Cross Projects features the SOS crew.
11. Scratching the Surface, by Vhils
Alexandre Farto aka Vhils work is featured on walls and billboards all over the world.
12. Brotherly Kiss, by Dmitri Wrubel.
Dmitri Wrubel repainted the mural after it was destroyed by the police.
13. When Angie Was A Punk Girl, by MTO
Angela Merkel is the German Chancellor.
14. It Happened In November, by Kani Alavi
Kani Alavi said this painting on the Berlin Wall was inspired by the faces he saw as the wall fell.
16. Welcome, by Oliver Meline
Oliver Meline’s work appeared in an interactive video series on the Berlin Wall.