14. White Walker beheads a ranger of the Night’s Watch.
The tone for the rest of the show is now set. (I, I).
13. Renly Baratheon assassinated by shadow.
You had one job, Brienne! (II, V).
12. The Hand of the King’s Grand Tournament.
There’s nothing like a knight being impaled with a lance through the throat to get the audience cheering. (I, IV).
11. Bronn volunteers to fight for Tyrion Lannister.
And so the greatest friendship in Westeros begins. (I, VI).
10. Jon Snow saves the Lord Commander from a Wight.
Brownie points for the bastard. (I, VIII).
9. Dragon Rampage.
Kraznys is burnt to a crisp. (III, IV).
8. Samwell Tarly kills a White Walker.
He’s officially a bad-ass of the Night’s Watch. (III, VIII).
7. The Wildfire.
Congratulations, Bronn. You now hold the highest score for biggest mass murder. (II, IX).
6. The Hound vs. Beric Dondarrion.
And by the Lord of Light, Beric survived! (III, V).
5. King’s Landing Battle.
The show’s most spectacular orgy of violence (so far). (II, IX).
4. The beheading of Ser Rodrik.
Theon Greyjoy buckles under peer pressure and botches Ser Rodrik’s beheading. (II, VI).
3. Viserys commits suicide.
Threatening Daenerys and her unborn child, Viserys demands a crown. A crown is what he gets. (I, VI).
2. Eddard Stark’s Beheading.
The moment we realise no character is safe. (I, IX).
1. The Red Wedding.
The one that shocked us all. (III, IX).