1. Actually physically not being able to control your excitement.
Sometimes your hands twitch or your foot taps. What’s wrong? You’re excited. About what? EVERYTHING.
2. How annoying it is when people say “calm down.”
No. You need to “calm up.” So THERE.
3. The second you’re calm, you can’t be bothered.
4. The disappointment of being around calm people when you’re excited.
Hello? ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW I FEEL? COME OUT NOW.
5. The feeling of being passionate about almost everything.
There’s a new addition to Netflix!!!! My favorite band from third grade is releasing a new album!!!! I bought new socks!!!!!!
6. Feeling like you’re always bugging someone.
“Am I being annoying? Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure?”
7. Making 1000s of typing mistakes.
Because your brain moves way faster than your hands ever could.
8. Not being able to sit still.
9. Coffee is, like, 9,000 times more effective.
I already have the energy.
10. When other people are put off by your giddiness.
You guys don’t even know what it’s like.
11. Your hyper-ness makes for a lot of socially awkward moments.
No one else is excited about how clean the bathrooms are at this bar and wants to have a full conversation about it????
12. What it’s like to have a short attention span.
There are so many things to be excited about!
13. Compulsively checking your inbox.
Or social media, text messages, even your mailbox. I just sent a message 25 seconds ago. WHY HAVEN’T I GOTTEN A RESPONSE YET.
14. Dates where you’re just sitting there are so AWKWARD.
You want me to sit at this restaurant table? Just sit here? For an hour? Are you sure? Okay let’s just talk. But my hands will be flailing everywhere during this conversation. Actually. Let’s just go.
15. Getting tired out of absolutely nowhere.
Being upbeat is exhausting.
16. Everyone thinks you’re nervous or anxious.
Bitch I MIGHT BE.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.