1. You like yogurt.
Hunch, a startup that tries to measure and graph people’s tastes, surveyed iPhone and Android users on a number of bizarrely specific preferences. They found that iPhone users like to snack on mixed nuts, ginger snaps, and yogurt, while Android adherents prefer mini-pizzas, popcorn, and chocolate. Other things iPhone users like: tapas, Portlandia, Kashi GOLEAN Crunch, Belle and Sebastian, and cherry trees.
2. You’re an optimist.
Hunch also found that iPhone users were slightly more likely than Android users to have an optimistic outlook on life — which is surprising since they are eating such inferior snacks.
3. You’re voting for Obama.
Forty-nine percent of smartphone (iPhone and Android) users plan to vote for Obama, according to a July survey, while just 31% say they’ll vote Romney. The one subgroup leaning Romney are retired smartphone users, who favor the Republican challenger 57% to 34%.
4. You prefer chicken to ribs.
A study by Coupons.com found that in the “Dinner Meats” category, iPhone users were most likely to select coupons for chicken, while Android users went for ribs. iPhone users also liked coupons for fish food, women’s body wash, all-purpose cleaner, and baby products, while Android users went for bird food, men’s body wash, toilet-bowl cleaner, and pain meds.
5. You’re a sucker for ads.
iPhone users are more likely to click on ads than users of Android phones — according to one study, their click-through rate is about 0.84%, compared to 0.42%-0.58% on the Android devices studied. But Kindle Fire users are the easiest marks, clicking through at a rate of 1.02%.
6. You might be rich.
Wealthy smartphone users are more likely to choose iPhones — 45% of users who make over $150,000 a year have an iPhone, while just 35% use an Android. Rich users also play fewer games on their phones than average — the CEO of research organization The Luxury Institute snootily says, “As you get older and have family and significant others, aging parents, and a lot more assets and investments, you’re going to need apps for far more relevant things than playing games and chatting with your peers.”
7. You have good bathroom etiquette.
Or at least, better than some. According to one survey, 77% of iPhone users have used their phone in the bathroom, compared to 84% of BlackBerry users and 87% of Android fans. They’re also least likely to actually answer a call in the bathroom — 60% of iPhone users have done so, compared to 67% for Android and 75% for BlackBerry.
8. You’re a player.
A much-discussed 2010 survey found that iPhone users have more sex partners than others — male iPhone adherents have an average of 10 and female users have 12, while BlackBerry users average 8 and Android users 6. They’re all way behind our scientifically-determined perfect number of 23.89 sex partners, though.
9. But you hold out for the second date (sometimes).
iPhone users are less likely than Android users to have sex on the first date, though it’s pretty common for both groups — 57% of iPhone users and 62% of Android users have had first-date sex. iPhone users are also apparently more likely to date their coworkers.
10. You want a new iPhone.
According to a survey conducted in advance of the iPhone 5’s release, 75% of current iPhone users want to upgrade to the new one within a year. You might do so sooner if you live in Mississippi, the state where users are most likely to drop and break their iPhones.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- lightgirl thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Fail
- elainec5 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You and thinks it’s Win & LOL
- Alejandra Villa thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Fail
- maniacallyinclined thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Fail
- 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- daveronb thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Fail
- oprahsweave thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Fail
- FuzzFeed thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Fail
- kiarenee112 thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Geeky
- 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- wrstcnt thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Fail & WTF
- shanedoe thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is WTF
- plumcrazyyy thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Fail
- IndigosMuse thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Ew & Fail
- kristent3 thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is Old
- patrickjh2 thinks 10 Things Your iPhone Says About You is LOL