1. The “Happiness Counter” is a device that you attach to your refrigerator.
Developed at the University of Tokyo, the Happiness Counter is founded on the idea that smiling contributes to mental well-being.
The device is meant to facilitate smiling more often in the humdrum of daily life—especially in the lives of single householders.
4. Check out the technology in action:
5. Ugh, this fridge is so hard to open.
It requires more than just lightly tugging on the handle, ugh.
6. Now it’s effortless!! :)
Smiling makes life so much easier!
7. :) :) :)
The smile lasts even beyond opening the door! Incredible!
8. Such endorphins!
Happy World Smile Day! :)
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.