1. The “Happiness Counter” is a device that you attach to your refrigerator.
2. It scans your face to detect a smile. That smile helps unlock the magical sustenance within your fridge!
Developed at the University of Tokyo, the Happiness Counter is founded on the idea that smiling contributes to mental well-being.
The device is meant to facilitate smiling more often in the humdrum of daily life—especially in the lives of single householders.
4. Check out the technology in action:
5. Ugh, this fridge is so hard to open.
It requires more than just lightly tugging on the handle, ugh.
6. Now it’s effortless!! :)
Smiling makes life so much easier!
7. :) :) :)
The smile lasts even beyond opening the door! Incredible!
8. Such endorphins!
Happy World Smile Day! :)
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›