Say, it’s almost Christmas time!
Time to draft up a wish list of gifts. Let’s get a wiggle on!
1. American paraphernalia to show some patriotism. Hopefully the Red Scare is over soon.
2. The latest fashions. Looking spiffy is important!
3. An electric hair dryer would speed up the trendiest ‘dos.
5. An evening out to a speakeasy. Prohibition is utter nonsense, but at least the bar is a good place to show off new looks.
6. A personal moonshine still would be absolutely splendid.
7. If liquor’s too hard to come by, then some Coca-Cola will do.
8. A swell new phonograph, preferably by the Victor Talking Machine Company.
12. This one’s named after everyone’s favorite baseball player!
14. A Kodak camera would be perfect to capture the upcoming year.
16. A Lionel train set, just like the ones in the storefronts!
17. Christmas seals, to help fight tuberculosis.
19. And a typewriter, to write heartfelt letters to friends and family.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›