5. When people see how crappy your car is, they know you’ve got nothing to lose and stop cutting you off on the freeway.
9. If you’ve had the car long enough, you know everything wrong with it.
10. You stopped freaking out about every noise and shutter a long time ago.
11. No one ever asks to borrow your car because they’re afraid to drive it.
14. Or forgetting to change the oil for two and a half years.
17. Because you have an old car, you will meet all sorts of people. For instance, you’ll form a deep emotional attachment with your mechanic.
19. You’ll build a directory of friends who are knowledgeable about cars.
20. And people will want to hang out with you because you’re okay transporting large dogs, wet children, and hundreds of pounds of Ikea furniture.
22. You’ll discover that you can get away with only washing your car twice a year.
24. And you stop feeling weird having entire conversations with your car because you know that sometimes she just needs a little encouragement.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️