1. “Vogue” editor Anna Wintour wore a brown floral Tom Ford dress.
She co-hosted the dinner with Ford, which was held at the Mark’s Club in London, where about 55 guests paid $15,000 to attend and sit in front of a plate of salmon.
Guests also enjoyed a talk not by Obama himself, but by David Plouffe, the president’s political strategist.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow showed up wearing a white long-sleeve dress by Tom Ford.
It was sort of the more casual version of the caped tube sock, also by Tom Ford, that she wore to the Oscars.
4. Cameron Diaz also attended, wearing a powder pink jumpsuit.
But, somewhat oddly, it was by Emilia Wickstead instead of Tom Ford. Often when designers host things — fundraisers, parties, what have you — the celebrity guests wear that label.
5. Gwyneth: “Don’t blame me — at least she’s not wearing a scrunchy.”
Personally, I love Cam’s Pepto Bismol cocktail look. Not many people can wear that and look good in any way at all.
6. And there’s Tom Ford, wearing his usual nice suit and “you’re sad you can’t see my chest hair, aren’t you?” face.
He’s the best.