1. Yayoi Kusama unveiled a window installation inspired by her artwork.
The store’s windows pay homage to three themes from Kusama’s work: “Beginning of the Universe,” “Eternal Blooming Flowers in My Mind,” and “Self- Obliteration.”
As you can see, the stunning visuals drew more photographers than are camping outside of Katie Holmes’s Chelsea apartment building right now, proving that high-brow culture isn’t dead! Yay.
2. Kusama wore Louis Vuitton head-to-toe.
She worked with the super-fancy label on a collection of clothing and bags and arrived dressed in it entirely — surely one of the most fabulous outfits worn anywhere this year. (The clothes are custom-made, while the sunglasses, bag, and scarf are available for purchase; the wheelchair is her own.)
With hand gestures, she quieted fans freaking out over how much better than early Lady Gaga it all was.
Also, remember the recent couture shows that walked in Paris? The fanciest, most expensive clothes in the whole world? No? Exactly. Because looking at these photos is so much more fun than looking at most of that.
4. The real draw for customers will surely be the bags.
Remember the Murakami Louis Vuitton collection? The white purses with the rainbow-colored logos all over them? These spotted bags are the new that so you can rest assured that anyone wanting to flaunt themselves will make it a point to carry one of these things.
5. The outside of the Louis Vuitton building is now spotted.
Because the company is spendy like that.
6. Here’s a look at a window art installation called “Nerves.”
8. And here’s another one: “Self-Obliteration.”
With little suspended Kusama dolls.
9. Regular Louis Vuitton luggage in the store is now graced with mini Kusamas.
One way to make a stack of $8,000 suitcases look even more expensive.
All photos courtesy of Louis Vuitton.
- An order from the U.S. Supreme Court means Texas abortion clinics affected by a new state law can stay open while the law is challenged.
- Transgender women can be housed in women's immigrant detention facilities under new guidelines issued today.
- NBC has cut ties with Donald Trump after recent racist remarks about immigrants. He'll no longer appear on "The Apprentice."