2. Pierce Brosnan and Shay Smith on the cover of the December 1997 issue of “Redbook.”
This is the cover that went out to subscribers — a cover of the trio sans breastfeeding went on newsstands.
3. A 1993 ad for clothing label Bisous Bisous.
I have no idea what this tagline means — a kiss is also a sucking action?
4. Angelina Jolie on the cover of “W” magazine’s November 2008 issue.
This is one of Brad’s “personal photos” of his now fiancée. Those artistes, them.
5. Inside a 1964 issue of “Life” magazine.
An Israeli mother breastfeeds her baby.
7. The August 2006 issue of “Babytalk” magazine.
This was kind of controversial when it came out. Gawker noted the image’s suspicious lack of visible areola.
8. Miranda Kerr’s unveiling of her son Flynn.
After model Miranda Kerr gave birth to her first child, she decided to post this image (take by her husband Orlando Bloom, another artiste) of her and him on the site for her skincare line. You know, instead of selling the image to a magazine for an atrocious sum of money, post it on a site that sells things you’re trying to profit from.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- kate fisher thinks 9 Famous Breastfeeding Images is Ew
I have no problem with breastfeeding, and there is nothing wrong with these covers. It’s just very taboo, and strange to breastfeed when your child is that old. What you do in your house is your business. Breastfeed your child forever, I don’t give a damn, just make sure none of their friends know.
- tesa 9 Famous Breastfeeding Images
it’s not the breast-feeding itself that’s disturbing to me but the fact that that kid is like 5 years old…when it’s a baby, it’s an intimate, nurturing and beautiful act but as the kid gets older, you’re doing them an injustice by not letting them develop some kind of detachment.
To anyone that says “Ew” to breastfeeding pictures… I have no words. If you are a woman, and one day have kids, you will discover all the crazy amazing things your boobs do for the sake of feeding your child. Minutes after being born a newborn will take to a breast and start suckling. It’s nature. That’s why we have these glorious things. Attracting men and showing off awesome cleavage is just an added bonus.
- Liz K. thinks 9 Famous Breastfeeding Images is WTF & Ew
- ondrea thinks 9 Famous Breastfeeding Images is Ew