You have to say you’re at least 18 on YouTube account before you can watch “Girls Gone Wild.” And if yo’ure always logged in and click on it, you just see a little warning that floats right below the video on its page that says that the content “has been age-restricted based on our Community Guidelines.” According to the New York Post, YouTube told Madge’s people that if they want “Girls Gone Wild” to be open for viewing by all:
…they must edit out shots of bare bottoms, a man rubbing his crotch and an implied masturbation scene where a man gyrates before a mirror.
Oh really! Why, they must have been studying their encyclopedia of double standards — an old friend in the world of media. Because a flash of a dude wearing manties and a partial view of naked man side-ass is hideously inappropriate for the kids, but there are tons of videos of chicks pretending to masturbate, rubbing their breasts, or barely wearing clothing that are available for anyone, of any age, to watch.
Before we note some examples of racy stuff that’s floating around YouTube with no age restriction or warning whatsoever, let’s look at what Madonna did that violated YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
First, the crotch rubbing:
Next up, the implied masturbation:
Now, let’s see how this imagery compares to five racy videos existing on YouTube without age restriction that involve naked or nearly naked women.
5. 1. Benny Benassi’s “Who’s Your Daddy?” Video
“Hang Bang: A Sexual Explosion.” Let’s just absorb that for a moment.
A nipple almost in full view while this dancer eats a phallic fruit? So what!
Now the naked side-butt in the Madonna video is looking prettttty bad.
9. 2. Nicki Minaj’s “Stupid Hoe” Video
10. 3. Keri Hilson’s “The Way You Love Me” Video
Angled-up shot of the spreaded legs dance. Tame, if anything ever was.
Breast rubbing. Yawn.
12. 4. Christina Aguilera’s “Dirrty” Video
More pretend lesbianism! These women may as well be teddy bears, really.
14. 5. Britney Spears’s “Womanizer” Video
Full female side nudity. It’s got the same scandal-making heft as a piece of macaroni art, really.
15. 6. This Calvin Klein Jeans Ad
Music videos are hardly the only ones playing games with flesh and mock orgies — plenty of fashion videos do, too. But of course, topless women piled on a wet rock comply just fine with Community Guidelines. Can’t you see that?
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.