1. It de-mysticizes sign language.
2. It gives shoutouts to other awesome deaf people, like rap artist Sean Forbes.
3. It contains practical information for everyday life.
4. It doesn’t have to focus on deafness to be funny.
5. It can laugh at the silly hearing people…
6. …and show the relationship hearing kids have with deaf parents.
7. It teaches kids not to take anything for granted.
8. It laughs at the day-to-day concerns of parenthood.
9. It’s got something that everyone can relate to.
10. But, most of all, it’s just plain funny.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›