1. It de-mysticizes sign language.
2. It gives shoutouts to other awesome deaf people, like rap artist Sean Forbes.
3. It contains practical information for everyday life.
4. It doesn’t have to focus on deafness to be funny.
5. It can laugh at the silly hearing people…
6. …and show the relationship hearing kids have with deaf parents.
7. It teaches kids not to take anything for granted.
8. It laughs at the day-to-day concerns of parenthood.
9. It’s got something that everyone can relate to.
10. But, most of all, it’s just plain funny.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.