2. At least one of your bedroom walls was covered floor to ceiling in D2 posters.
You, of course, referred to them as D2 or Duran2.
3. Your shirt said ‘I John Taylor’ on the back.
… or ‘I Simon LeBon’. Possibly even ‘I John, Simon, Nick, Andy and Roger’.
4. You thought you looked damned sexy in one of these.
5. Anything you were wearing was covered in these.
Your shirt, your hat, your prom dress…
6. You bought every teen magazine you could find that had poster pullouts.
And if you were really lucky, you had a friend who was a Menudo or Def Leppard fan who would trade extra posters with you from their magazines.
7. You screamed. A lot. Maybe even fainted once or twice.
At concerts. Watching MTV. Listening to the radio. Seeing a guy walking down the street from the back who you were convinced was John Taylor. So, pretty much you screamed when anything happened that was remotely D2 related.
8. You disowned John for a short period after you saw these.
9. You had Duran Duran birthday parties.
Andy, Feb 16
Roger, April 26
Nick, June 8
John, June 20
Simon, October 27
10. You had parties if there was a new moon on a monday.
11. You had every record variation, 12” and import you could find.
Even the ‘side projects’.
12. You knew every lyric to every song, proving true fan-dom if you mastered ‘New Religion’.
13. You knew all the ‘b-sides’.
The Chauffeur, Faster Than Light, Secret Oktober, Khanada, Make Me Smile =)
14. You’d only sing the Simon part of ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas’.
16. Patrick Nagel became your favorite artist.
17. You think current day Duranies are just groupies.
Oh, the irony.
18. You don’t acknowledge any album from here on.
19. They still make you weak in the knees.
They just get hotter with age.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›