1. People always talk about the “right” way to poach an egg.
Well, we think there are about as many ways to poach an egg…
4. Here are 7 ways that world-class chefs and cooking sites teach you to poach an egg:
5. Where Julia Child uses a mechanical device, Jacques Pepin simply lowers his eggs straight into the water.
6. Alton Brown adds a sprinkle of salt to his water.
7. Serious Eats recommends using only fresh eggs and a fine mesh strainer.
8. Curtis Stone advocates a big pot of boiling water and white wine vinegar.
9. And The Kitchn thinks the microwave isn’t a bad option.
10. By far the coolest and most fool-proof way to poach an egg comes from chef Laurent Gras.
11. No matter how you cook it, it’s hard to beat a poached egg on anything!