1. Okay, so, in this modern age, there are things we know about food that we may not have known 50 years ago.
2. There are things we probably shouldn’t eat.
3. There are things we probably shouldn’t eat as much of, like butter, red meat
4. We now think about #meatlessmonday.
5. But this shouldn’t make you upset or sad.
6. Because there are still so many delicious things to eat that are good for you too!
7. One of the best ways to cook healthier food is STEAM.
8. You could steam in a pot or pan…
9. Or in one of these things…
10. Or in the microwave…
11. OR you could try one of these three ways to make the most impressive and coolest steamed foods.
12. Steam in banana leaves.
(This is arctic char with sofrito.)
15. Try a pressure cooker.
Making this Saffron Chicken Pilaf with Arugula Pistou isn’t a bad place to start.
16. Steam “en papillote” (in parchment) if you want to see jaws drop.
No, really, you will be blown away by the sensory assault of opening up a parchment parcel of freshly steamed food.
17. Keep in mind: Steaming isn’t just for vegetables!
18. So, get creative with your techniques, have fun with your food, and do something that is good for you!
And, to sign up for an exclusive preview of Alta Editions’ new cookbook, The Journey, visit altaeditions.com
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- Doctors Without Borders says it will leave the Afghan city of Kunduz after airstrikes killed 22 people at its hospital there on Saturday. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›