1. Okay, so, in this modern age, there are things we know about food that we may not have known 50 years ago.
2. There are things we probably shouldn’t eat.
3. There are things we probably shouldn’t eat as much of, like butter, red meat
4. We now think about #meatlessmonday.
5. But this shouldn’t make you upset or sad.
6. Because there are still so many delicious things to eat that are good for you too!
7. One of the best ways to cook healthier food is STEAM.
8. You could steam in a pot or pan…
9. Or in one of these things…
10. Or in the microwave…
11. OR you could try one of these three ways to make the most impressive and coolest steamed foods.
12. Steam in banana leaves.
(This is arctic char with sofrito.)
15. Try a pressure cooker.
Making this Saffron Chicken Pilaf with Arugula Pistou isn’t a bad place to start.
16. Steam “en papillote” (in parchment) if you want to see jaws drop.
No, really, you will be blown away by the sensory assault of opening up a parchment parcel of freshly steamed food.
17. Keep in mind: Steaming isn’t just for vegetables!
18. So, get creative with your techniques, have fun with your food, and do something that is good for you!
And, to sign up for an exclusive preview of Alta Editions’ new cookbook, The Journey, visit altaeditions.com
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 0-1 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the cup ⚽️