1. Sometimes the holiday season is filled with nothing but green and red-iced sugar cookies. Holiday parties can slip into the mundane doldrums of uninspired gingerbread and peppermint concoctions.
3. Show off your skill and technique. Combine new, exciting, alternative flavors instead of resting entirely on expectation.
4. Don’t be afraid to try something new this holiday season!
Here is a list of 11 dessert recipes that will liven up your December.
5. Naan Kithai
Indian shortbread cookies with cinnamon, confectioners sugar, and cardamom sprinkled on top.
6. Gateau de Galette
A comforting combination of buttercream, coffee, chocolate, and rum.
7. Riesling-Poached Pears with Pear Granite
Strong floral notes from the pears and the Riesling blend nicely with the natural flavor of honey and the fragrance of lemon.
8. Vanilla & Rum Pots du Creme
Creamy and soft custard dessert with a subtle punch of dark rum.
9. Chocolate Mousse
The deep, dark flavor and texture of bittersweet chocolate is lightened with whipped cream.
10. Olive Oil Orange Cake
A simple moist cake enhanced with the natural sweetness of orange juice, orange zest, and olive oil.
11. Roasted Banana-Black Sesame Tulip Sundaes
The sweet, deep flavor of roasted banana is balanced by the boldness of black sesame.
12. Raspberry Clafoutis
Almond and vanilla balance with the natural flavors and acidity of the baked raspberries.
13. Chocolate Tart
Rich chocolate custard filling, flavored with coffee, contrasts with a crisp, buttery crust.
14. Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Drunken Apricot
This recipe creates a dense, moist cake with a savory quality from olive oil and honey, enhanced by the flavor of almond and cognac-soaked apricots.
15. Orange Tuiles, Sorbet, and “Salad”
The buttery almond taste of the tuiles balances the acidity and sweetness of the sorbet and fresh orange segments.