1. If you are bilingual, you are known as the Badass of the group
2. Even though it took a lot of practice to reach that level…
You might have felt a little dumb at times, but you spoke with conviction and you sold it!
3. And you probably also got reeeally good at “hybrid” languages along the way
which can debatably be called a third language…?
4. Sometimes you speak and your words unintentionally come out in your second language
5. At some point or another you’ve blurted out profanities in your second language
And you didn’t feel so bad because maaaaybe those around you didn’t understand it?
6. You get this face when you hear someone butchering the pronunciation of all the words
Well it WAS a Romance language before YOU started trying to speak it!
7. People ask you to translate things ALL the time, and you wanna be like…
Sometimes you wish you weren’t such a linguistic badass, or that people didn’t know about your talents—but then you remember how sweet it is to be the badass who “saves the day”
8. Sometimes you can use your skills for good deeds, like translating for your friend in a foreign country to help them flirt with the locals
It might be awkward, but how selfless are you!?
9. Speaking a second language instantly gives you 5+ points on the hotness scale
Skilled hair flip and dramatic eye makeup earn additional 2pts.
10. So when you take your 5-7pts. hotter self around the world you walk into the club like
12. But have no fear! You can tell them to take a hike in their native tongue so there’s no confusion.
And if they still pretend they don’t understand, a simple “No” is pretty universal—or shake your finger and purse your lips like Beyonce.
13. You can watch the “Best Foreign Film” Oscar-nominated films and get really emotional because you actually know what’s going on
Because we all know that it’s hard to feeeel the emotion when you’re busy reading subtitles
14. You’re STOKED when you realize the hottie you’ve been staring at speaks your second language
NOW IS MY CHANCE!
15. When you’re feeling cheeky, you keep your language skills a secret so you can eavesdrop on conversations and then reveal that you were in on it the whole time!
16. And other times you and your best friend switch languages so you can speak in “code”
Caution: this trick doesn’t always work outside the US, as most people in other countries speak more than two languages.
17. While traveling, your friends are busy freaking out that there are no signs in English, and you’re like “Ehh”.
No English, no problem. You’ve got public transportation, restaurant menus, and museum placards on lock.