1. It’s North America’s boomtown.
Toronto has tripled its number of skyscrapers from 13 to 44 in the last 9 years.
2. Toronto just became bigger than Chicago.
Toronto’s 2,791,140 (and growing) vs. Chicago’s 2,707,120 (and shrinking).
3. It’s the world’s most multicultural city.
Nearly half the city’s population was born outside of Canada.
4. Toronto does post-industrial in style.
The Distillery District.
5. It even does sewage treatment in style.
The R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant.
7. It’s safe. Like, really safe. Maybe too safe.
Toronto police during the 2010 G20 summit.
8. Toronto rappers are polite and wholesome…
Started from Toronto now we here.
… and uses foul language on the regular…
Rob Ford: always enough to eat.
… and nobody seems to see anything wrong with this picture.
10. And it’s amazing washed down with the city’s plentiful microbrews.
13. Brunch is the closest thing to religion they have.
The County General.
14. Toronto makes better poutine than Montreal. Yeah I said it.
Classic poutine = fries, hot beef gravy and melty cheese curds.
15. Toronto’s food scene gives any city on the planet a run for its money.
16. Indy coffee shops outnumber Starbucks by a long shot.
Te Aro coffeeshop.
20. It’s Canada but Torontonians party on the beach every weekend.
23. Kensington Market rocks…
Street music on Pedestrian Sundays in Kensington.
27. …which is great because Torontonians are crazy for Chinese dumplings.
Mother’s Dumplings restaurant.
30. The wildlife is always sharply dressed.
The stranded Ikea Monkey waits for his ride.