For ease of reference, the steps have been outlined below.
2. This is Alton Brown, and he wants to teach you something very important.
“When I say griled cheese sandwich, I mean a grilled sandwich containing grilled cheese.”
3. Yes, you DO need a charcoal grill. Because this is serious business.
5. You’re going to need mustard, paprika, and black pepper. Add to the cheese.
To be precise: 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
6. Put the cheese in specially adapted foil grill spatulas, off direct heat, for 6-9 minutes.
7. Oil up your bread, and put it on direct heat for a couple of minutes each side. Then slide the cheese on your toasted bread, wrap the sandwich in foil and put on indirect heat for a couple of minutes.
8. And that, my friends, is how you actually make a grilled cheese sandwich.
Read the full recipe here.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican who's faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president.
- Senior staff at the Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York were placed on administrative leave.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.