This afternoon William Hague told the House of Commons that existing sanctions on Iran will continue.
Hague: “there’ll be no new nuclear related sanctions during next 6 months” but re existing sanctions ‘we will enforce them robustly’
He listed the commitments made by Iran, and added:
We are right to test to the full Iran’s readiness to act in good faith.
He described the deal as “an important step that gives us time to negotiate a comprehensive settlement,” and gave an update on other diplomatic moves:
.@WilliamJHague says he is in constant touch with the Israeli government over #Iran
He even found time to praise opposition politicians for their work.
William Hague generous in tribute to Cathy Ashton and Jack Straw. Commons statement on Iran.
Key points of the deal include:
- Iran will stop enriching uranium beyond 5%
- Will give greater access to inspectors
- No further development of the Arak plant, which it is believed could produce plutonium.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".