2. But on Wednesday, she took off the wig.
She said: “I want everybody to know that no matter what you go through, it’s not about what’s on the outside, it’s about what’s on the inside. And I feel that on the inside I am more radiant and beautiful than I’ve ever been.”
3. And she went on to say:
“I made my choice also because I thought about the message I send to young women about confidence and self-acceptance.”
4. The news anchor was a Miss America finalist in her younger years.
She stopped working in news when her son, who has autism, was born. When he was in school she went back to work, only to be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›