1. When 51-year-old Karen Lloyd died earlier this month her family wanted to give her a send-off with a difference.
2. The mother of two was a big coffee fan. She died at Prospect Hospice in Swindon, six months after being diagnosed with stage three breast cancer.
Karen Lloyd with her husband Alan.
3. She treated her diagnosis as an opportunity to raise funds for the hospital’s breast cancer unit.
The Revd Clive Deverell told mourners: “She is making the baristas in heaven’s lives rather difficult with her one-shot extra hot skinny lattes.”
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›