Note: The photos and captions on this post have been reproduced as they originally appeared on photographer Robyn Arouty’s blog.
2. I Died Today. By Duke Roberts.
And I ate a lot of hamburgers. We had a party.
4. And I thought about how much I’m going to miss it here.
7. My friends from next door came to see me. They’re twins. When someone offered them one of my hamburgers, one said, “No thank you. I don’t want to take any from Dukey.”
8. Kristen came to see me. She’s a hoot. She’s my groomer. And my buddy.
9. While we were waiting for the vet to come, Kristen said we were going for a walk. Then someone said, “How about a play in the water at the splash park down the street?” So off we went!
12. “I need you to help me watch over my family.”
18. I listened to the kids play off in the distance. And thought about my two babies at home. I loved protecting them.
20. I felt no pain. Even though the tumor grew so big.
22. I said goodbye to my beautiful friend Kira. She “saw” me standing over everybody before the doctor said it was time. I was excited & jumping & happy.
23. Well, I didn’t say goodbye. I said ’til we meet again.
24. God, I was lucky. Our time was short. But you both gave me a second chance & we lived it up together. You love when I look at you. I’ll never stop.
26. BuzzFeed contacted Robyn for more information about Dukey’s story.
27. And here’s Dukey’s adoption video from three years ago.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."