Note: The photos and captions on this post have been reproduced as they originally appeared on photographer Robyn Arouty’s blog.
2. I Died Today. By Duke Roberts.
And I ate a lot of hamburgers. We had a party.
4. And I thought about how much I’m going to miss it here.
7. My friends from next door came to see me. They’re twins. When someone offered them one of my hamburgers, one said, “No thank you. I don’t want to take any from Dukey.”
8. Kristen came to see me. She’s a hoot. She’s my groomer. And my buddy.
9. While we were waiting for the vet to come, Kristen said we were going for a walk. Then someone said, “How about a play in the water at the splash park down the street?” So off we went!
12. “I need you to help me watch over my family.”
13. “Did you hear me? This is all I want!”
18. I listened to the kids play off in the distance. And thought about my two babies at home. I loved protecting them.
20. I felt no pain. Even though the tumor grew so big.
22. I said goodbye to my beautiful friend Kira. She “saw” me standing over everybody before the doctor said it was time. I was excited & jumping & happy.
23. Well, I didn’t say goodbye. I said ’til we meet again.
24. God, I was lucky. Our time was short. But you both gave me a second chance & we lived it up together. You love when I look at you. I’ll never stop.
26. BuzzFeed contacted Robyn for more information about Dukey’s story.
27. And here’s Dukey’s adoption video from three years ago.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›